Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XSL-FO pagination

From: "Clarissa" <anon@--_----_------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 12/10/2003 6:59:00 PM
"Oleg Tkachenko" <oleg@NO!SPAM!PLEASEtkachenko.com> wrote in message
news:uQy9PtkvDHA.1996@T......
> Clarissa wrote:
> > Every second page of the document is a fixed chunk of text. The document
is
> > a contract, and every second page are fixed terms and conditions. They
never
> > change, and they must appear on the reverse side of every physical page.
On
> > the 'front' of each physical page, ie every odd-numbered page, is
variable
> > text that flows in from an XML file. So the variable XML data has to
flow
> > into page 1, then page 3, then page 5 etc, while some fixed text appears
on
> > page 2, page 4, page 6 etc, and so on as far as necessary.
>
> The idea is to defione page master for even pages such as with zero
> height of fo:region-body, but with big enough fo:region-before (or
> another) to accomoccodate the static text.
>
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko

Oleg,
Thank you for replying!

I have tried what you suggest, but I must have something wrong, as I am now
getting my data still running over pages 1 and 2, without inserting the
fixed text in between. In fact, my fixed text is not appearing at all now!

Here is my opening code:

<fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="datapage" page-height="29.7cm"
page-width="21.0cm">
        <fo:region-body margin-top="5.5cm" margin-bottom="5.5cm"/>
        <fo:region-before extent="5.5cm"/>
        <fo:region-after extent="5.5cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="fixedback" page-height="29.7cm"
page-width="21.0cm" >
         <fo:region-body extent="0cm"/>
        <fo:region-before extent="29cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

    <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="defaultdoc">
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="odd"
master-reference="datapage"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference odd-or-even="even"
master-reference="fixedback"/>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>

Following this, I have a section beginning: <fo:page-sequence
master-reference="defaultdoc">, with the 3 regions and the elements. This is
for the XML data. This data is appearing as expected, but it is running into
page 2 of the printed document, when I want it to run into Page 3, leaving
the fixed data on page 2 and 4.

Then I have a section section beginning:
    <fo:page-sequence master-reference="defaultdoc">
        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
and this section contains the fixed data. This data is not appearing at all
now.

I'm sorry to trouble you but can you see where I'm going wrong? I'm sure it
must be something simple!

Thank you again, Clarissa.