Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Add number to a variable

From: Oleg Tkachenko <oleg@--_----_---------------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 9/11/2003 1:04:00 PM
Fred ... V wrote:

> I'm using IE6 too !
> You have the right result of the addition ???
> My field $var_height is consider as a string ...

Probably we are using different source documents as you didn't provide yours.
Here are my test:

source.xml
<?xml-stylesheet title="blues" type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>
<height>50</height>

style.xsl
     <xsl:template match="/">
             <xsl:variable name="var_height">
                 <xsl:value-of select="height"/>
             </xsl:variable>
             <xsl:variable name="total_height" select="$var_height + 20"/>
             <xsl:value-of select="$total_height"/>
     </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

--