Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Base64 Encoded String within XML from File (VBA-Access 2007)

From: MarkTheAccountant@-----------.---------.---
To: NULL
Date: 8/6/2009 8:38:00 AM
Thanks Joe for your request for further information.

Where I’m struggling is with taking an external file on my local machine
(say a PDF format file) and converting this to a Base64 string for including
in XML.  I can save the resultant XML as a file and convert a text string to
Base64 it’s just accessing this external file and converting it which is
challenging.

I note a solution that uses OLE objects but wanted to do this without this
if possible.  (see
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/thread/72575a42-3cb9-4637-9ce5-43b78076cf7a).

Thanks again for your help.

Mark