Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XSD restriction to a set of string values

From: PeteOlcott <PeteOlcott@-----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 12/5/2008 8:38:00 AM
On Dec 4, 7:59=A0am, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Peter Olcott wrote:
> > I need to know the syntax for restricting a type to a
> > specific set of string values where these string values are
> > not encoded as enumeration types.
>
> You could use a regular expression pattern e.g. this schema
>
> <xs:schema
> =A0 =A0xmlns:xs=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
> =A0 =A0<xs:element name=3D"root">
> =A0 =A0 =A0<xs:complexType>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<xs:sequence maxOccurs=3D"unbounded">
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<xs:element name=3D"foo" type=3D"fooType"/>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0</xs:sequence>
> =A0 =A0 =A0</xs:complexType>
> =A0 =A0</xs:element>
>
> =A0 =A0<xs:simpleType name=3D"fooType">
> =A0 =A0 =A0<xs:restriction base=3D"xs:string">
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<xs:pattern value=3D"bar|baz"/>
> =A0 =A0 =A0</xs:restriction>
> =A0 =A0</xs:simpleType>
>
> </xs:schema>
>
> allows the values 'bar' and 'baz' for the 'foo' element.
>
> --
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I am trying to make a SOAP interface such that the client can
dynamically reconfigure its graphical user interface with no
programming  changes and no recompile required whenever the web
service is updated with new capabilities. Because of this your
suggestion may not work. It would see that you suggestion would at
least require a recompile.

What I am trying to do may not be possible with pure SOAP, and may
require the SOAP message to have an embedded XML payload. How would
this be specified in a SOAP XSD document?