Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Help with grouping

From: "fj" <fj@---.--->
To: NULL
Date: 12/7/2008 9:33:00 AM

> (Probably not the best way to request help, you seem to be saying "I'm not
> prepared to do the work, someone do it for me.")
>
> I assume you're using XSLT 1.0, if not let us know.
> This link shows how to group using a technique called Muenchian grouping:
> http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/muenchian.xml
>
> --
>
> Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
> http://joe.fawcett.name

Thanks for the reply, I actually did try that one. It's very slow in my case
and I don't think using key is an option here. Becasue, Each header record
has 3K char in flat file format and each file is somewhere around 40M,
header and details come in as different files. The xml I showed is just some
extract from intermediate result I use to find a solution.

I am now trying to loop through all detail record for each header record.
But I doubt it will be slow too.

-fj