Altova Mailing List Archives

How to use XInclude with XSD?

From: "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 8/4/2008 11:48:00 PM

I have XInclude working and now I am trying to incorporate it in my xsd
file. I extracted xinclude.xsd from
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/CR-xinclude-20020221/#syntax so I would not be
hitting someone's web site everytime I validated my xml.

Here is the beginning of my xsd file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<xs:schema xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"
schemaLocation="xinclude.xsd"/>

Here are the errors I am getting from xerces. I'm using xerces just because
they have a command line tool I can download. Is there a better Microsoft
command line tool?

[Error] xinclude.xsd:3:62: src-import.3.1: The namespace attribute,
'http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude', of an <import> element information item
must be identical to the targetNamespace attribute,
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude', of the imported document.

[Error] chameleon.xsd:66:75: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component
'include'. It was detected that 'include' is in namespace 'xi', but
components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document
'file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/chameleon/xslt/chameleon.xsd'.
If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'include' needs to
be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import'
tag should be added to
'file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/chameleon/xslt/chameleon.xsd'.

[Error] chameleon.xml:30:38: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was
found starting with element 'xi:include'. One of '{geometry-data}' is
expected.

chameleon.xml: 328 ms (27 elems, 58 attrs, 0 spaces, 198 chars)

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
Siegfried