Altova Mailing List Archives

Is there a way to get a collection of all decendant nodes of a selected node?

From: "David Webb" <strangecargo>
To: NULL
Date: 11/16/2006 10:22:00 AM

I have a very large, deeply nested xml document that I would like to be able
to select a node and then get a collection of all children, grandchildren,
great grandchildren, etc. without having to loop through each node and add
any children that the node has to a collection.

Apparently Adobe has added a Descendants() method that does just what I need
but I can't use that code in VB.NET.

Is there a way to do this using XML processing?

David