Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Perl with MSXML 4.0

From: "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 7/28/2006 5:05:00 PM

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:01:02 -0700, Vinay
<Vinay@d...> wrote:

>Hi, I would like to use MSXML parser with my perl script. But My requirement
>is that I do not want to register MSXML on the  machine. IS it possible that
>I can directly load the COM dll from my perl script and start using it? Any
>pointers on how this can be done will be helpfull.

According to this page it does *look* like MSXML has to be "installed"
(i.e. registered) in order to use COM in the first place :
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/04/17/msxml.html

Why is it your requirement to not register MSXML ? Ir's installed
along with IE6 anyway, which is the minimum browser on XP systems

Would it help to look at it the other way ?

If you're running Perl or Perlscript (in IIS) then why not use the
CPAN sources of XML parsers native to Perl ? They'll be a better fit
I'm sure. For ideas, try XML::Parser or XML::LibXML classes

http://perl-xml.sourceforge.net/faq/#xml_parser

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2006