Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: MSXML registration

From: "Anthony Jones" <Ant@------------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 6/6/2006 3:32:00 PM

"Shankar" <Shankar@d...> wrote in message
news:8041ED78-2D87-4FB1-95D8-4AF6A5CAA85E@m......
> Thanks, Anthony. But I'm still not clear about this. I am using
msxml3.dll.
> Is this particular DLL registered automatically when Windows is installed?

No it's not.  So to be sure correct operation of your app you needs to
distribute an install for it.

However you are probably better of using the much improved msxml6 if you
can.

This is probably a better reference for you:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/XML/XMLDownloads/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&DisplayLang=en