Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: MXXMLWriter Sample

From: Peter Nimmo <PeterNimmo@----------.------>
To: NULL
Date: 4/10/2006 6:50:00 AM

v-kevy@o... (Kevin Yu [MSFT]) wrote in
news:UGwGONIXGHA.4708@T...:

> Hi Peter,
>
> The second argument is the public ID for the DTD, as you can see from
> the document.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk
> /html /64d12dab-ad57-43f9-90b8-476613f10442.asp
>
> If you need the system ID to be generated, please use
>
> lexh.startDTD "", "MyDTD", "http://eureka.sample/mydtd.dtd"
Hi Kevin,

Its not so much that I need the system ID to be generated, but as to why
passing the exact same arguments to the functions results in different
output depending on whether the VB versions of the interfaces are used or
not.

Using the modified code you wrote (using the C++ interfaces) I know get:

    	<!DOCTYPE  PUBLIC "MyDTD" "http://eureka.sample/mydtd.dtd" [

and the same with the VB interfaces.

The orignal set of arguments and the VB interfaces produced:
    	<!DOCTYPE MyDTD SYSTEM "http://eureka.sample/mydtd.dtd" [

from "lexh.startDTD "MyDTD", "", "http://eureka.sample/mydtd.dtd"  "

I still do not understand why empty fields are shown as "" (although on
the book cover line one of the empty parameters produces an extra space
instead) with the C++ interfaces.

Which version is creating the correct XML according to the documentation?

Peter