Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: msxml uppercase tag problem

From: "KMA" <kma@------------.-->
Date: 3/21/2006 5:46:00 PM
Thanks for getting back. I see the doc as follows:
public Name getTagName();

  Retrieves the name of the tag as a string. The string will be in

  Return Value:

  Returns the tag name or null for DATA and PCDATA elements.

  By the way I use IXMLElement etc rather than IXMLDOMElement. Should I

  Thanks once again. I appreciate your interest

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@y...> wrote in message
> KMA wrote:
>> The docs say that get_tagName always returns its value in upper case. How
>> bizarre is that?!?
> I don't see anything claiming that here:
> <>
> --
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML

These Archives are provided for informational purposes only and have been generated directly from the Altova mailing list archive system and are comprised of the lists set forth on Therefore, Altova does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or quality of any content on the Altova Mailing List Archive(s), regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on that content. Altova will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content posted including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any content. This disclaimer and limitation on liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the Website Terms of Use and elsewhere on the site.