Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XSD question

From: "Zafar Abbas" <someone@---------.--->
Date: 10/17/2005 5:31:00 PM
xs:any should work for you. But if you only want to allow a stylesheet there
you should use the namespace attribute of xs:any and put the XSL namespace

"Buddy Ackerman" <buddy_nospam@b...> wrote in message
> I have and XML document that I'm creating an XSD schema from and I'm
> a problem with one of the elements.  The element is designed to hold a
> stylesheet that will be used to transform the data coming from the
> (which is actually defined by a sql query).  So in my schema I' created
> following xsd:
>  <xsd:element name="DocumentTransform">
>         <xsd:complexType>
>            <xsd:sequence>
>                     <xsd:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" />
>            </xsd:sequence>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>  </xsd:element>
> Since I didn't want t have to create and entire subschema for s style
> I was hoping that the <xsd:any> element would suffice.  If not is there
> way to create an element that will allow any amount of mixed content
> it?

These Archives are provided for informational purposes only and have been generated directly from the Altova mailing list archive system and are comprised of the lists set forth on Therefore, Altova does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or quality of any content on the Altova Mailing List Archive(s), regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on that content. Altova will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content posted including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any content. This disclaimer and limitation on liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the Website Terms of Use and elsewhere on the site.