Altova Mailing List Archives

Learning web services - do I need a second computer?

From: Javaman59@-----------.---------.---
To: NULL
Date: 9/17/2005 12:30:00 AM
Hi,

I'm studying for MCSD iin C#, XML Web Services, and ASP.NET. So far I've
been using a workstation with XP-Pro, with all the network aspects of the
study being done through localhost. I have become stalled at getting
SQL-Server working with Visual Studio.Net. I feel that my studies would be
more realistic, and progress more quickly, if I were to network with a second
machine running WinServer 2003. However, I am not sure whether the cost is
justified.

Any opinions, or experiences?

TIA,

Javaman

btw. I am single, so your responses aren't being collected to present an
argument to my wife :)) - I just have to make an informed, and honest,
assesment in my own mind.