Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: access document from script block

From: Martin Honnen <mahotrash@-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 8/21/2005 3:36:00 PM

Achim Domma (SyynX Solutions GmbH) wrote:

> The function is inside a
> msxml:script block in my xsl file. I want to use the function like this
> in my xsl:
>
> <xsl:for-each select='some_ns:demo_fkt("my_key")'> ... </xsl:for-each>

There is not much documentation on using script in XSLT with MSXML but
as far as I can tell you need to pass the document into such a function
e.g. with JScript you reserve a formal argument
   function f (nodeList, otherArg) {
     var node = nodeList.next();
     if (node != null) {
       return node.selectNodes(otherArg);
     }
   }
and with XPath/XSLT you pass in the root node if you want to have the
document e.g.
   jsPrefix:f(/, '..')

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML