Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XML + XSL = HTML?

From: "Petar Popara" <my.fake@----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 6/24/2005 8:52:00 AM
> Any chance the XML you posted is only a sub-part and the XML around
> the posted one contains a default namespace?

No. This is full XML doc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?my-application progid="MyDoc"?>
<Document Version="Some version...">
 <Data><Section Id="1">
  <TestElem>Test</TestElem>
  </Section>
 </Data>
 <Transformation><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="/">
<head/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="Document">
<xsl:apply-templates select="Data"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="Data">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="Section">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
</Transformation>
</Document>

As you can see, transformation is inside XML doc. I use
selectSingleNode("//Transformation/xsl:stylesheet") to select transformation
from XML doc (and it works) and to transform that XML using that
transformation into (very simple) HTML.