Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Microsoft.XMLHTTP.send hangs...

From: Martin Honnen <mahotrash@-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 6/21/2005 7:36:00 PM

lonelydog wrote:

> the following code using Microsoft.XMLHTTP hangs while trying connecting to
> hotmail. It seems that readyState never change to COMPLETED(4), but remains
> INTERACTIVE(3). Connecting to other websites works perfectly.
>
>   var xmlhttp;
>   function loadXMLDoc(url)
>   {
>       xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
>       if (xmlhttp)
>       {
>         xmlhttp.onreadystatechange=xmlhttpChange;
>         xmlhttp.open("GET",url,false);

Does it help if you change the order of statements and do the open()
call first and only then set the onreadystatechange handler e.g.
   xmlhttp.open("GET",url,false);
   xmlhttp.onreadystatechange=xmlhttpChange;
?
On the other hand I have seen anyone do a synchronous request (e.g.
open(..., ..., false)) and then use an onreadystatechange handler.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/