Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XMLDOM / Conditional Check for Object fails

From: "Mark Schupp" <notvalid@-----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 5/31/2005 12:23:00 PM
try this:

If Not IsDomTextNode( oItemPrice) Then

'check if selectSingleNode returned a valid text node
Function IsDomTextNode( ByRef objNode )

     Dim strTmp

     On Error Resume Next
     strTmp = objNode.text

     If Err.Number = 0 Then
          IsDomTextNode = True
     Else
          IsDomTextNode = False
     End If

End Function

You should also be able to use the nodeType property of the node to see if
it is the type you expect. I can't remember why I used to above approach.

--
--Mark Schupp