Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Check XML

From: Martin Honnen <mahotrash@-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 4/8/2005 3:21:00 PM

Peter wrote:

> I have XML document and XSL document.
> How can I chceck I my XML document is valid towards my XSL document.

An XSL document is usually an XSLT stylesheet used to transform some
input XML to some output (in text or HTML or XML format).
I am not sure how you want to check validity of an XML input document
against an XSL document, that doesn't make sense.

Are you perhaps talking about XSD documents, these are W3C schema
documents and there it makes sense to check for validity of an XML
instance document against a schema document.
In .NET 1.x you do that using XmlValidatingReader:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlValidatingReaderClassTopic.asp>

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/