Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Xml db

From: "Han" <hp4444@------.---.----->
To: NULL
Date: 3/21/2005 12:23:00 PM
If you regard xml as data storage, you are actually saying file system. XML
as data is independant of data storage. File system as data storage has some
shortcomings compared with database applications. You will not choose it
unless you are sure file system fits to your needs. However you can use
database applications for XML. Some databases like oracle and sql are being
rapidly evolutionazed to support XML natively. Either you can use any
databases like MS Access to store XML data, though without native support of
XML. Even that may be better option than file system.

--
Pohwan Han. Seoul. Have a nice day.