Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XMLHTTP - system cannot locate the resource

From: "xtreem" <invalid@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 1/21/2005 11:51:00 AM
"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@y...> wrote in message
news:%23zYLcEv$EHA.2016@T......

> xtreem wrote:
>
>> I have the following code that has worked fine before. However now it is
>> returning "The system cannot locate the resource.." errors when trying to
>> "send".
>>

>> set xmlhttp = CreateObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.4.0")
>> xmlhttp.Open "GET", http://www.website.com/page/page", false
>> xmlhttp.Send
>
> Is that VBScript in an ASP page? Then try
>   set xmlhttp = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0")
>
> If yhat doesn't improve things then I have no idea what could be wrong,
> you could consider reinstalling MSXML 4 or do some google and google
> groups search whether that problem has occured for others and whether
> there are known solutions.

No, its a local .vbs script. As I said, it used to actually work fine. And
it still does work fine if the page Im requesting is cached by the browser.

The only thing I can think of is some patch has restricted access to the
network for this component. There has been some security patches for this
component which could be exploited from IE if I recall correctly. Otherwise,
my transparent proxy could be interferring, but it used to work fine with
it, and as far as I know there havent been any changes to it.

I have googled around for some time before asking here, but with no luck.

I have sniffed the connection, and it is establishing a connection to the
web server. However, my machine is "RST" ing the connection for some strange
reason. I am behind a NAT which could be causing issues. However, as Ive
mentioned, this same exact code worked fine 2 months ago and nothing has
changed except the installation of SP2 and other patches. I have enquired if
there has been changes to my transparent proxy, but my browser works fine,
so in theory, so should the XMLHTTP component.