Altova Mailing List Archives

Web service throwing XML - XSLT transformation, how?

From: gipsy boy <x@-.-->
To: NULL
Date: 1/10/2005 4:06:00 PM
Hello,
I have sort of a big problem. I would really appreciate any help you
could give me.
I made a web service in C++ that throws XML to the client (browser).
But, the XSLT transormation (xml->html) doen't happen!

I have XSLT files for this, they work, I mean when I put the output of
the app as an XML file on some server, and make it use the XSLT files to
transform into HTML, it works, I get a HTML page.

The XSLT file is on a separate server, the XML is thrown 'inline'
so-to-speak, it's dumped directly on the client's socket. But as I say,
it doesn't render to HTML. How can I make this work? Can I throw an XSLT
file inline too? How do I do that?

Right now I throw the XML output to the client's socket with

Of course I've tried throwing it with Content-type: application/xml  but
that didn't ail anything.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to make the client-side xslt
transformation happen, with this kind of set-up?

So, to summarize :

situation now:
1. Client's browser asks my web service a HTTP GET request.
2. My server dumps XML on the client's socket. (with the correct HTTP
headers etc)
3. My client gets the XML code, but the XSLT transformation (that's
specified in the XML code) does not happen!

how it should be:
3. The XSLT should happen and the client gets HTML on his browser.

Why doesn't this happen? I suspsect it ahs something to do with the MIME
type my web service throws at the client, but what?

Thanks so much for any help,

--
- gipsy boy