Altova Mailing List Archives

Help: getting data from an external xml file

From: "Mauro Improta" <javierzanetti@--------------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 2/11/2004 4:45:00 PM
Hi,

I am a first-time XML programmer. I have to get a value from an external
well-done xml file. This file is a normal xml file, starts with a tag
<FIELD1>
and ends with
</FIELD1>

with no other declarations. I don't manage to reach the datas!!!
I can't use the SYSTEM in the dtd declaration part, because this file is not
a dtd, so I choosed to include it with php, but it doesn't work. I have
created a dtd for all the fields of this data file, and put a xsl file:

<!DOCTYPE tabledoc SYSTEM "dtdfile.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="xslfile.xsl"?>
<?php
include ("datafile.xml");
?>

and the xslfile is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:mytable xmlns:xsl="uri:xsl">
 <HTML>
  <BODY>
    <DIV>
     <SPAN STYLE="font-weight:bold; font-size:20">
      <xsl:get-value for="PARENT/CHILD"/>
     </SPAN>
    </DIV>
  </BODY>
 </HTML>
</xsl:mytable>

and the result is: a first level element is need.
Please help me.
Thanks to everybody
--

    Mauro