Altova Mailing List Archives

Help: getting data from an external xml file

From: "Mauro Improta" <javierzanetti@--------------.--->
Date: 2/11/2004 4:45:00 PM

I am a first-time XML programmer. I have to get a value from an external
well-done xml file. This file is a normal xml file, starts with a tag
and ends with

with no other declarations. I don't manage to reach the datas!!!
I can't use the SYSTEM in the dtd declaration part, because this file is not
a dtd, so I choosed to include it with php, but it doesn't work. I have
created a dtd for all the fields of this data file, and put a xsl file:

<!DOCTYPE tabledoc SYSTEM "dtdfile.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="xslfile.xsl"?>
include ("datafile.xml");

and the xslfile is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:mytable xmlns:xsl="uri:xsl">
     <SPAN STYLE="font-weight:bold; font-size:20">
      <xsl:get-value for="PARENT/CHILD"/>

and the result is: a first level element is need.
Please help me.
Thanks to everybody

These Archives are provided for informational purposes only and have been generated directly from the Altova mailing list archive system and are comprised of the lists set forth on Therefore, Altova does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or quality of any content on the Altova Mailing List Archive(s), regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on that content. Altova will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content posted including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any content. This disclaimer and limitation on liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the Website Terms of Use and elsewhere on the site.