Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Attribute size limitations?

From: jonhyland <jonhyland>
To: NULL
Date: 10/29/2003 1:11:00 PM
Did you by chance put a bunch of manually typed escape chars in your 4MB
attribute?  I can't type them here because they don't seem to be showing
up, but you get the idea.

I can open xml files with 4MB attributes as well, so long as the
attribute does not contain an obscene number of escape characters.  The
contents of this attribute in question, is supposedly a large bunch of
HTML returned from a database with automatic escape char conversion.

I am getting this error on several machines, one being XP Pro SP1 + Hot
fixes, and the other being 2K Server SP4.  The versions of IE are 6.0.x
and 5.0.x.  I have run a process trace and am seeing that both versions
of IE are using the same version of MSXML3.DLL, which is:

MSXML3.DLL - 3.0 SP4 8.40.9419.0000

Thanks again,
Jon