Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: ISA blocking XML send request?

From: paul@----.--- (---- -------)
To: NULL
Date: 10/24/2003 3:49:00 AM
Just to update - As I've talkesd through with Dan privately, I've
found ServerXMLHTTP to be a real pain at times when connectivity and
proxies become an issue that needs troubleshooting. Although it's not
the recommended practice, the standard XMLHTTP methods seem to be far
easier to get up and running, as they yse the WinInet.dll route,
taking proxy settings and so on transparently from IE's general
configuration. For Small to Medium setups this solution has been a
quick fix to getting up and running.

As we've also found out, ServerXMLHTTP has a bug when used in
conjunction with SSL which further complicates matters, and returns a
nasty 501 error.

Paul Edwards
IT Director
2sms.com - Corporate Text Messaging