Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: "Self-Embedding" tagnames

From: Oleg Tkachenko <oleg@--_----_---------------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 8/28/2003 10:19:00 PM
Mark Johnson wrote:

> Well, I knew there was a shorthand, for this. I'd seen it, but
> couldn't find it, anywhere. I didn't find a mention of 'curly' braces
> in the mxsml 4 compiled help file. So you can specify an XPath
> expression in curly braces anywhere in the text portion of an XSLT
> template?
Not in text, but in attribute values. This is called attribute value
template, see http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#attribute-value-templates.
And not anywhere, but only where it's allowed: any attributes of literal
result elements + some attributes of XSLT instructions.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog