Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Let me rephrase the question ...

From: "Danny J. Lesandrini" <dlesandrini@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 8/8/2003 8:19:00 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I'll stay with what I've done.

It just seems kludgy to hard code ordinals for child nodes.  I'd
have rather called them by name, like you can with recordsets.

   rst.Fields(0) = rst.Fields("PRBLM_ID")

But, it doesn't seem like you can do that with the XML DOM object.
I guess that's part of the contract with sharing data using XML.  We
all agree to stick to a schema ... right?  Hope it works that way in
practice.

Thanks for your help
--
Danny J. Lesandrini