Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Xerces only supports the simplest XPath queries?

From: Martin Honnen <mahotrash@-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 6/1/2012 12:56:00 PM
Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> I have been using Xerces to perform XPath retrievals. So far, I have
> only dealt with the simplest path syntax. Much to my dismay, when I
> tried something a little fancier (a path with a subscript), it failed:
>
> /root/table/detailed_steel_pole_usages[1]/joint_label
>
> I guess I need some layer on top of Xerces-C?

I am not familiar with details of Xerces-C, I think it has a user
mailing list where you are more likely to find other users than here. As
for the failure, which error do you get?
As far as I am aware in the Apache XML tool set Xerces does the XML
parsing and validation whilst Xalan does XSLT and XPath 1.0.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/