Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: xml duplicated field name

From: sweetpotatop@-----.---
To: NULL
Date: 6/12/2008 8:21:00 AM
On Jun 12, 10:58=A0am, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> sweetpota...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Thanks, how about the 2nd elements without the open tag? i.e. with
> > just <FieldNote />, but not <FieldNote><FieldNote />
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking now.
> =A0 =A0<FieldNote><FieldNote />
> does not make sense, you either need
> =A0 =A0<FieldNote></FieldNote>
> or
> =A0 =A0<FieldNote><FieldNote /></FieldNote>
> where the first is an empty FieldNote element and the second is a
> FieldNote element that has one child node, a second FieldNote element.
>
> --
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Martin Honnen
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Alright, by looking at

  <FieldNote>0</FieldNote>
  <Date>2/1/2008</Date>
  <EventID>149406</EventID>
  <EventType>2</EventType>
  <FieldName>Approval</FieldName>
  <FieldNote />
  <NewValue>1</NewValue>

The first FieldNote has a value of "0"
How about the 2nd one?  what does <FieldNote /> mean?

Thanks in advance.