Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XML Alternatives

From: usenet@--------------.---
To: NULL
Date: 2/12/2008 3:21:00 AM
On 11 Feb, 20:33, charles.de...@yahoo.com wrote:
> XML was designed for text documents and publishing. If you are
> considering XML for general data (serialization, configuration etc.) I
> would like to invite you to a page about xml alternatives:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/charles.debon/
>
> Any comments are invited.

FWIW - I developed a data language called Lumas.  You can find out
more about it at:

    http://lumas.org

Encoded messages look a bit similar to Harpoon, although Lumas lists
are of the form:

    foo = 1,2,3,4,5

It also has a C-like message definition langauge (or schema definition
language if you prefer), which I think most other alternatives are
currently missing.

Regards,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic