Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Multiple Root Elements in Garmin POIs - is it legal XML? It is a Microsoft BUG

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 12/19/2007 11:06:00 PM
I was able to reduce the problem of the rejected XML file to its
minimum expression.

This file: good, proper and valid, is rejected by Visual Studio:

  http://patriot.net/~ramon/xml/with-extensions.xml

I get the following error message when I try to convert the file above
using <right-click> "View Data Grid":

  http://patriot.net/~ramon/xml/ErrorMess.png

Notice that the error says "Line 37" but the file in question only has
27 lines.

When I remove the "extensions" element, the file is processed and
properly converted.

  http://patriot.net/~ramon/xml/no-extensions.xml

If anyone out there has Visual Studio, can you please check both
files?

How do I go about reporting this to Microsoft?

This is my version info:

  http://patriot.net/~ramon/xml/VS-version.png

TIA,

-Ramon