Altova Mailing List Archives

unable to find DTD

From: Mithil <mithil.mohan@-----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 7/26/2007 5:36:00 PM

Hi ,

I have defined the location of the DTD in the XML file using this tag:

<!DOCTYPE blah SYSTEM "filename.dtd">

I am assuming that the the filename.dtd will be looked up where the
XML file's location (as i give the location of the xml file) is when
being parsed by the parser, in my case a DOM parser. But that doesn't
happen it looks at another default location can anyone please suggest
a fix for this or even explanation of why it happens would be great.

Thanks all,
Mithil