Altova Mailing List Archives


removing spurious namespace declarations on XSLT output

From: "Andy Fish" <ajfish@----------.--.-->
To: NULL
Date: 4/30/2007 10:14:00 AM

hi,

I have an XSLT which is producing XML output.

many of the nodes in the output tree contain namespace declarations for 
namespaces that are used in the source document even though they are not 
used in the result document or the stylesheet

also I find that (for namespaces that are referenced in the stylesheet) even 
if I put an explicit namespace declaration on the root element of the result 
tree, namespaces declarations are repeated on individual nodes of the result 
tree but with a different prefix

all I want is that for namespaces used in the result tree, they are declared 
on the root element, and other namespaces shouldn't be output at all. why is 
this so difficult to achieve or am I missing something big here?

TIA

Andy


Disclaimer

These Archives are provided for informational purposes only and have been generated directly from the Altova mailing list archive system and are comprised of the lists set forth on www.altova.com/list/index.html. Therefore, Altova does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or quality of any content on the Altova Mailing List Archive(s), regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on that content. Altova will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content posted including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any content. This disclaimer and limitation on liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the Website Terms of Use and elsewhere on the site.