Altova Mailing List Archives

xsd regular expression query

From: rorymo@-----.---
To: NULL
Date: 3/30/2007 5:56:00 AM

I have a regular expression that allows only certain characters to be
valid in an xml doc as follows:

<xs:pattern value="^[ dgHhMmstyf,\-\./:;\\]*" />

What I want to do is also allow any unicode character that is enclosed
in single quotes to also be valid, no matter where they appear. I
tried the following:

<xs:pattern value="^[ dgHhMmstyf,\-\./:;\\]*('*)*" />

But this only works if the characters in quotes appear after the other
text.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Rory