Altova Mailing List Archives

Avoid XSLT output of partial XML subtrees

From: trash.muell@---.---
To: NULL
Date: 3/13/2007 11:03:00 AM

Hi,

I am struggling with an XSLT task and need a hint: I have a complex
XML file but want to only output some sub-trees of the XML structure.
My XSLT script is always printing the information of the whole XML
file. Only if I explicitely exclude subtrees/nodes with

<xsl:template match="anExcludedNode" />

their content doesn't appear in the output. Is this the only way to do
it? The problem is that If at a later stage further nodes will be
added the XSLT scripts have to be modified to "exclude" the content
output of the new trees.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Tras