Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Catch all errors at once with Validation (XMLSpy or other software)

From: "Jerry" <jerry.sheehan@-----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 3/5/2007 7:32:00 AM

On Feb 19, 9:02 pm, quang...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I usedXMLSpyto validate my XML but it catched one error at a time.
> Is there anyway to makeXMLSpyto catch all errors at once. IfXMLSpy
> does not have this feature, what software out there can do this? I
> have a very large document with many related files and validating one
> by one is a hassle. I want to see all errors and fix it all before
> coming back to validate again. Thanks.

Hi,
Sure, XMLSpy doesn't list all the possible errors, instead if there
are any errors, it list the first one it encounters and ask you to
make any corrections before proceeding to the next error if there are
any. Ideally, I find this approach much better instead of trying to
fix all the errors reported or pick which ones to fix first. In the
meantime, we currently do have this feature logged as a feature
request. Thank you

http://www.altova.com