Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Programming language + XML + XSL = compiler ?

From: Philippe Poulard <Philippe.PoulardNO@----------.-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 7/3/2006 9:57:00 AM

Andy Dingley <dingbat@c...> wrote:
> Joe Kesselman wrote:
>
>>Hm. I don't usually think of Ant as a programming language,
>

> In its limited little way, it's a declarative programming language (as
> was Prolog). You can use it as a convenient dependency resolver.
>

>>I don't think I've heard of anyone styling it,
>

> I have an XSLT stylesheet that auto-documents Ant external targets.
> Handy when I'm shipping deployment scripts to users.
>
> I also auto-generate Ant from a vile combination of our bug tracker,
> change control, and Torque repository. This generates database patch
> scripts for upgrading customer databases from arbitrary start points to
> new product versions.

hi,

I have designed and implemented a general-purpose XML system that I
called "Active Tags" which allows to make programs with XML tags ; it
allows to mix declarative tags with imperative instructions, uses XPath
to access object's properties, and much more...

it is not "yet another markup language" but a framework that allows
several markup languages to run together

the implementation (Java) :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr
the specs :
http://disc.inria.fr/perso/philippe.poulard/xml/active-tags/active-tags/active-tags.html