Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Is XML Spy good - and are there cheaper alternatives?

From: Tony Lavinio <xml1@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 5/16/2006 10:23:00 AM

You could also use Stylus Studio.  See www.---.com/

It is very conformant to standards, provides good cross-platform
support by letting you validate with several XSD validators including
XSV, Xerces-C++, Xerces-J and Saxonica.
www.---.com/open_xsd_validation.html

It supports XSLT 1 and XSLT 2, across a variety of engines including
Saxon 8 -B and -SA, Saxon 6, Xalan, System.Xml from .Net, and more.
www.---.com/xslt.html

It supports a variety of XQuery engines as well, including DDXQ
and Saxonica.
www.---.com/xquery.html

You can cross-platform debug and profile code as well - you can even
debug Java extension functions by stepping and setting breakpoints
and going between XSLT and Java in the same call stack.

And we offer free support on the Stylus Studio Developer Network,
at www.---.com/SSDN/

--
Sincerely,
Tony Lavinio