Altova Mailing List Archives

XSD: What is elementFormDefault="qualified" for?

From: "daz_oldham" <Darren.Ratcliffe@-----.--->
To: NULL
Date: 5/12/2006 1:38:00 AM

Hi everyone

I am a new poster to this group, so hello to you all!

Having just started a new job I have been thrown in the deep end with
some heavy XML work so I am finding my feet and I am sure that this
will be the first of many posts on here!

My first question is to do with Complex Types in XSD.  I have figured
out what a complex type is, and I have found that what the API provider
is doing, is to do <xs:extension /> in a secondary set of XSDs.

What I have noticed is that at the top of the XSD in the <xs:schema />
opening tag,  it says elementFormDefault="qualified" - and I was just
wondering if somebody could tell me what it is there for because I
can't find any documentation on what it does?

Many thanks in advance

Darren