Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Frequently used DTD/XML schema expressions ?

From: "Razvan" <mihai11@--------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 2/8/2005 5:02:00 AM
You are too laizy to read. I have already read the damn document before
you pinpointed it to me. I am looking for best practices for a lot of
expresions that must be very frequently used, like:

<!-- or: AAA or BBB (could be one, both (any order) or none) -->
<!ELEMENT TestOR1 (AAA | BBB | (AAA, BBB) | (BBB, AAA))?>
<!ELEMENT TestOR2 ((AAA?, BBB?) | (BBB, AAA))>

As you can see there are 2 ways to do the same thing.

The best way to write DTDs from scratch is to have a set of "bricks" to
help you build it faster and in a proper way. It is a waste of time to
think each time how to implement the above relation => it is useful to
write a list of frequently-used expressions.

About the "lazy" stuff: use a civilized language. I don't take crap
from you or anybody else.

Razvan