Altova Mailing List Archives

Select multiple nodes in XSL

From: mminella@----.--- (-------)
To: NULL
Date: 12/2/2004 1:10:00 PM
Hello,

I am creating an XSL that is going to create a report from XML we
recieve from another system.  The XML would look like:

<report>
  <page>
    <header1>
      <data1>asdf</data1>
      <data2>fdas</data2>
    </header1>
    <header2>
      <dataA>xyz</dataA>
      <dataB>zyx</dataB>
    </header2>
    <reportSection1>
     <!-- Some Data Here -->
    </reportSection1>
    <reportSection2>
      <!-- Some More Data Here -->
    </reportSection2>
  </page>
</report>

Due to the size of the XML, I'm attempting to modularize the XSL.  I
want to pull out the data for the header into a seperate template.
Currently I have the template as:

<xsl:template match="header1 | header2">
  <!-- rest of the template -->
</xsl:template>

And I call it by:

<xsl:apply-templates select="header1 | header2"/>

The issue I'm having is that my XSL is being executed twice, once for
each node (header1 and header2) rather than going thru both nodes at
once.  The goal is to go thru both nodes at once.  Any assistance
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael