Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Selcting filtered node set based on variable

From: "Joris Gillis" <roac@-------.-->
To: NULL
Date: 12/1/2004 4:11:00 PM
> Question for the masses...

Panem et circenses
> Lets say I have variable with the following contents
> "aaaa bbbb ccccc dddd".  The format is not specific and the space
> delimiter could be changed to any other.
>
> How would i count and/or select the nodes where a child nodes value is
> not contained in this list.  Or the reverse scenario would be sufficent
> whereas I count the nodes whose child nodes value is contained.
>
> A contrived example of my situation follows...thanks for the help.
>
> <root>
> <limbs>
> <branch>
> <name>a</name>
> <flower>big</flower>
> </branch>
> <branch>
> <name>b</name>
> <flower>big</flower>
> </branch>
> <branch>
> <name>c</name>
> <flower>large</flower>
> </branch>
> <branch>
> <name>d</name>
> <flower>giant</flower>
> </branch>
> </limbs>
> </root>

Hi,

In this situation, the following stylesheet might work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
<xsl:variable name="Exclude">
big large
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:variable name="DomainCount">
		<xsl:value-of select="count(//branch[not(contains($Exclude,flower))])"/>
	</xsl:variable>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

regards,