Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Xml+XSL: Problems with FireFox displaying

From: Martin Honnen <mahotrash@-----.-->
To: NULL
Date: 11/5/2004 3:03:00 PM

Jesper Stocholm wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:43:52 +0100, Martin Honnen wrote:
>

>>Jesper Stocholm wrote:
>

>>>What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>Hard to tell, maybe you can post the URLs of a short XML sample and XSLT
>>demonstrating the problem. I see nothing wrong in that XSLT snippet you
>>have above but the problem could be with your XML input.
>

> the content is located at http://blog.stocholm.dk
>
> When displayed in IE the result is as expected - but not in FireFox

You are transforming to XHTML but inside that template you call the

	<xsl:template name="break">
		<xsl:param name="text" select="."/>
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="contains($text, '&#xa;')">

				<xsl:value-of select="substring-before($text, '&#xa;')"/>
				<xsl:call-template name="break">
					<xsl:with-param name="text" select="substring-after($text,'&#xa;')"/>
				</xsl:call-template>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
				<xsl:value-of select="$text"/>
			</xsl:otherwise>

		</xsl:choose>
	</xsl:template>

and it should work.

By the way, to output a DOCTYPE node you shouldn't use disable output
escaping but rather the <xsl:output> element.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/