Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: xslt - separating element and text

From: juli21781@-----.--- (-----)
To: NULL
Date: 9/18/2004 4:26:00 PM
Martin Honnen <mahotrash@y...> wrote in message news:<414c5017$0$18550$9b4e6d93@n...>...
> Jijai wrote:
>

> > I need your help. I have spent almost one day to figure this out, here
> > is my problem:
> >
> > In my dtd:
> >
> > <!ELEMENT para (#PCDATA | math | link)+>
> >
> > In my xml:
> >
> > <para>
> >    sentence1
> >    <math>math equation</math>
> >    sentence2
> >    <link href="somewhere">link</link>
> >    sentence3
> > </para>
> >
> > I want to transform my xml into html by using an xsl, and i want to
> > i also want to copy everything inside <math> into my html page. Is
> > there any solution for this?
>
> You haven't shown us what HTML output you want so I can only guess:
>
>    <xsl:template match="para">
>        <xsl:apply-templates />
>    </xsl:template>
>
>    <xsl:template match="link">
>    </xsl:template>
>
>    <xsl:template match="math">
>      <xsl:apply-templates />
>    </xsl:template>

Oops, sorry, forgot to give the output, here is the output that i
want:

Anyway, i already tried your suggestion but the <math> tag is not
included in the output, i made a modification and it works :) thanks
man.

<xsl:stylesheet version = '1.0'
     xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'>

<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:template match="doc">
		<xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="link">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="math">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="math-ns-copy"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*" mode="math-ns-copy">
	<xsl:element name="{local-name()}">
		<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates mode="math-ns-copy"/>
	</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>