Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Schema question regarding some mandatory/some optional values

From: "Piers Chivers" <Piers.Chivers@_--_----_.----------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 3/2/2004 9:50:00 AM
I don't think this can work.  It doesn't feel instinctively right (not that
my XML instincts are particularly good!).  The mian problem though is that I
don't know what all of the possible values are.  I might have a Value1002 or
Value27649 etc.  How do I represent this in a schema?

I'm surprised this is so difficult.  I would have thought that a schema that
said "Many values allowed but at least one of them must be blahblah" isn't
such an unusual request??

Piers

"Martin SChukrazy" <prak24@h...> wrote in message
> One suggestion is to change the
> <Value>5</Value>
> to a
> <Value5>...</Value5>
> That way you can have multiple values i.e. each value is equal to an
element
> and hence write a DTD/Schema that makes it conform to your rules defined
> below...
>

> "Piers Chivers" <Piers.Chivers@_...> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have XML like
> >
> > <SomeElement>
> >     <Value>5</Value>
> >     <Value>3</Value>
> >     <Value>7</Value>
> > </SomeElement>
> >
> > I want to define the schema to say that the <Value>s must contain at
least
> > one of a number of known values, and may contain some other <Value>s.
For