Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: creating xml within java app

From: "Martin SChukrazy" <prak24@-------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 2/27/2004 2:00:00 PM
The only reason you would want to use DOM or SAX etc would be to ensure a
well-formed XML (conformant to a Schema). So if you dont need this then why
bother ? what you are doing with the string buffer is quite sufficient for
now. However if you want the absolute correct way to do is to validate your
XML document once you create it, sort of an error checking for debugging...

The advantage of validating the xml you just created would be to make sure
all the elements required are present and that the XSLT transformation does
not fail for that purpose (kinda like a debugging step).
The disadvantage is that it requires additional processing & work (again
dependent on the system) to get this working.
So the question is do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Is your system able to catch errors in the data flow before and after the
XSLT transformation?