Altova Mailing List Archives

get namaspaces for element

From: Tommy Frost <thobr@--------.-->
To: NULL
Date: 2/6/2004 1:04:00 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the xpath-expression for getting all relevant
namespaces of an element, but I don't wangle it.

When I have this document:

<A xmlns1>
  <B xmlns2></B>
  <C xmlns3>
    <D>xxx</D>
      <E></E>
  </C>
</A>

...I need an expression which gives me the namespaces for <D>, that is
xmlns1 xmlns3

or even better, an expression which has the result
<D xmlns1 xmlns2>xxx</D><E></E>

BTW I'm not using xpath within xsl...I just need the plain expression.

Thanks.