Altova Support - Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I ensure that my scripts are not lost when I install a new version of XMLSpy® 2015?
- Why can't I specify an installation path for XMLSpy® 2015?
- Are Non-Unicode installers available for version 2015 of your products?
- Is XMLSpy® 2015 also available for Linux, Unix, Macintosh, OS/2, etc.?
- Is it possible to install XMLSpy® 2015 on a Citrix / Windows Terminal Server or on a Virtual Machine?
- My Company has a 50 user license for XMLSpy® 2015 and I need to install the application on 50 Workstations. I do not want the users to have to type in the registration keycode details. Is there anyway that I can install the software with the registration keycode included automatically, so that there is no need for user interaction?
- Where can I find installation packages for previous versions of the software?
- Do you offer your software in other languages?
- Is the evaluation version different from the licensed (purchased) version?
- I just got a new computer, how do I get the software from the old computer to the new computer?
- I had trouble uninstalling the Visual Studio integration package completely, why?
In case you are using the default example project file (GlobalScripts.prj) to save your scripts, it is necessary that you create a backup copy of this file prior to installing a new version of XMLSpy® 2015.
If you choose the "Complete" option during the installation of XMLSpy® 2015 it will be installed in the default directory i.e. C:\Program Files\Altova. Choosing the "Custom" option will allow you to specify your own path.
Non-Unicode installers are no longer being provided for our products. Altova's product line requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2003-2008r2 to be installed, and all of those operating systems fully support Unicode.
Since XMLSpy® 2015 is a high-performance development environment, it is written entirely in C++ and is tightly integrated with the Windows operating system. It is also possible to use XMLSpy® 2015 on other operating systems with Windows Emulation Software. More Information can be found on our Platforms page. Please note that we cannot give any technical support or make any warranties regarding the usability of XMLSpy® 2015 in such a scenario.
If you wish to install XMLSpy® 2015 on a server such as Citrix / Windows Terminal Server or on a Virtual Machine then there are two things to bear in mind:
A) You MUST purchase concurrent licenses of XMLSpy® 2015 as opposed to the installed (per seat) licensing model.
B) No technical support can be provided by Altova for technical issues that may arise as a result of using XMLSpy® 2015 in a Terminal Server / Virtual Machine environment.
The XMLSpy® 2015 Installer program includes an msi package which can be extracted from it. The .msi package contains various parameters associated with the installation. By creating an .mst file (a transform file) it is possible to change the installation defaults of the .msi package. In this way one can customize an XMLSpy® 2015 installation. Examples would be to change the default installation directory or to include a .lic (license file) so that it would not be necessary for an end user to manually enter the registration details.
Previous versions of our software can be found in the Software Archive
Our products are available in English, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
There is no evaluation or real version, they are one and the same. The only thing that determines if the product has been purchased or if you are evaluating the product, is the keycode that you enter in order to be able to use the software. An evaluation keycode is time limited whereas a purchased keycode does not expire. The functionality is the same in both cases.
All that is necessary is to uninstall the software on the old machine, reinstall it on the new machine and then reenter the registration details on the new machine. The installers for the current version of the software are always available in the Downloads section of our website, and previous version installers can be found in our Software Archive.
Please make sure that you uninstall XMLSpy® 2015 before uninstalling the integration package.