Altova User Forum

Important: this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here.
If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: vlad
About
User Name: vlad
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Mauritius
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,492
[17.94% of all post / 0.76 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: not connect to server
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:04:18 PM
This must be something simple. Contact Altova Support - they can help

Vlad
Topic: Database key/value pairs into XML attributes
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 3:14:22 PM
Very difficult to understand what you mean based on description only. Can you show us the source data and how you want to see it in the output?

Vlad
Topic: Mapforce output not following xsd order
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2014 10:59:35 AM
Just read the message on the top of this forum. It explains everything about who is responsible for what.

Vlad
Topic: mapping empty/null date column
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:59:46 AM
You get this error from the parse-date function, I guess. Use If or Filter to avoid passing empty values to this function.

Vlad
Topic: Mapforce output not following xsd order
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:17:28 PM
No, the order of the output is defined by your mapping, not by XML Schema you use. Only simple XML Schemas with a single sequence (like in your case) would allow MapForce to guess the order, but if you have repeated sequence, choice, all, substitution group, etc. then such guessing is simply impossible.

Therefore MapForce doesn't even try to guess but simply does what you ask it to do, i.e. builds output in a sequence as you draw it - change your mapping, and you will get a correct result.

There is only one exception - Source Driven connections follow the order of the nodes in the source file.

Vlad
Topic: Distinct-values
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:01:49 PM
They actually do

http://manual.altova.com/Mapforce/mapforceenterprise/mffmapping_strategies.htm

Vlad
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:53:49 PM
Both are actually wrong, and the only reason (I guess) why the upper works is because you have a single distinct value.

The problem is that you map multiple values to a single attribute, which per XML rules may only exist once. You have to connect the output of distinct-values to the parent element (in this case Rows) and to the attribute - the parent element will then be created as often as distinct values exist, and the attribute will get corresponding value.

Vlad
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:17:31 AM
Absolutely no chance to answer you based on your description. You are obviously doing something wrong in your mapping.

Vlad
Topic: Mapforce Server Question
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:56:15 AM
I'm not sure how you meant to call local COM interface from another machine, but such task like yours would be usually solved by using FlowForce server in combination with MapForce. FlowForce Server has many features for scheduling and executing tasks, and one of them - it exposes HTTP interface to particular configured task, so that you can indeed call it from any machine.

Vlad
Topic: Merge multiple inputfiles
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2014 7:03:16 PM
OK, I found your samples too complicated to understand, therefore I've quickly created a sample based on your textual description and according to the documentation I'm merging both results.

The 1st source contains:

Name Prod Art. Amount
N1 P1 A1 100
N2 P2 A2 200
N3 P3 A3 300

The 2nd:

Name Prod Art. Amount
N1 P1 A1 10
N3 P3 A3 30

The result is (I assume this is what you are looking for):

Name Prod Art. Amount
N1 P1 A1 110
N2 P2 A2 200
N3 P3 A3 330

And here is the mapping:

Vlad

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova User Forums Terms of Service.

Please note that the Altova User Forum was launched so that our users have the possibility to interact and exchange their experiences regarding Altova's product line with one another. It must be pointed out that our support engineers and software engineers regularly post answers to questions in the user forum as an extra service, however this is not a replacement for the regular support mechanism and we cannot in anyway guarantee that a question will be answered or give a specific timeframe for an answer.The user forum was not intended to replace the online support form, but was implemented as an additional source of information after repeated requests for a user based forum in which users can help one another.