Altova User Forum

Important: this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here.
If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: vlad
About
User Name: vlad
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Mauritius
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,420
[18.01% of all post / 0.79 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: From flat file to hierarchy with references
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 4:55:41 PM
You need to use MapForce FlexText to parse your text file, then everything should be fine.

Vlad
Topic: Need Whitespace Padding
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:13:17 AM
No need for recursive function - just add 400 spaces and call substring to cut the whole string to 400

Vlad
Topic: assemble string from recursive hierarchy
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:46:04 PM
Yes, recursive is possible - normally you would need to write a function for this which calls itself.

But in your particular case there is an even easier XPath (I've written it for the bar as starting element)

string-join(( ancestor::foo/@name, fnorb ), '/' )

Vlad
Topic: Altova Mapforce Friendly EDI software
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:59:32 AM
If you already have MapForce why use anything else at all? Except FlowForce for scheduling and file handling.

Vlad
Topic: Deploying FlowForce Jobs to Another Environment
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:34:43 AM
Are you talking about multiple jobs within a single FlowForce Server, or transferring jobs from one FlowForce Server to another?

Vlad
Topic: ERROR G702: Algorithm construction: Types are not sequence compatible.
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:46:53 PM
Nobody in this User Forum can help you with this - contact Altova Support instead.

Vlad
Topic: How to modify my .SPS to resolve UDFs
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 9:35:12 AM
Sorry, I expect this task will take an hour or two to implement (at least the first working version) - this is nothing I can show you in few minutes. I would recommend to contact Altova Product Consulting if you have no idea.

Vlad
Topic: XMLSpy possibilities
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 9:32:45 AM
I would recommend to read documentation a bit, because you are asking very basic questions.

You design SPS files for Authentic with Altova StyleVision. It doesn't matter whether you use Authentic View in XMLSpy or Authentic as such though.

Vlad
Topic: How to modify my .SPS to resolve UDFs
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 8:41:07 AM
I don't agree with island - the report has all the data to be combined with StyleVision means. It is surely no 5-min task though

Vlad
Topic: XMLSpy possibilities
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 8:37:34 AM
Yes, this is easily possible with one restriction - you can show data from as many files as you want, but you can only edit data in one of them - in your case buildings, if I got you right.

To do so you simply add your files as Sources in StyleVision.

Vlad

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova User Forums Terms of Service.