Altova User Forum

Important: this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here.
If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Profile: vlad
About
User Name: vlad
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Location Mauritius
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,475
[17.95% of all post / 0.77 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: mapping using if-then does not work as expected
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 5:01:43 PM
Your attached mapping doesn't make much sense. It uses "equal" function with two constants "2" which are always the same, which means it is always true. Because of this it is also completely unclear what you are actually trying to do.

Vlad
Topic: Error in pattern evaluation?
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:52:32 PM
It is a common mistake to assume that all regular expressions follow the same rules - in fact, every language defines its own. \w in XML is huge. Here is a nice reference web site:

http://www.xmlschemareference.com/regularExpression.html

Vlad
Topic: Multi layer charts
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 9:03:04 AM
Yes, this is easily possible, and your posting contains already the answer to your question - make a multi-layer chart. Your data in its actual form is perfectly suited for this task. See documentation for details under Overlay Charts

Vlad
Topic: Error in pattern evaluation?
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 9:50:14 AM
This issue is caused by the way how you've built your pattern, which allows exponential amount of combinations. It would be a very long story to explain, but the simplest thing which you can do is to exclude the separator character | from the first group:

<xs:pattern value="[\w -[\|]]{1,35}(\|[\w]{1,35}){0,1}"/>

This should solve your performance problem

Vlad
Topic: Formatting: tabulation / indentation
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:46:39 PM
That is strange, because if I set HTML property border to 0, then it also disappears in RTF. Below is an RTF snippet from a modified tables.sps sample.

Does the border appear when you print out your document? If not, then you have some table visualization enabled in your Microsoft Word instance

Vlad
Topic: Mapforce Backward Compatibility 2014 and 2012
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:50:53 AM
This rule has been true since many years - if you purchase a key with SMP, you may unlock older version. If you want to 100% sure, contact Altova Sales.

Vlad
Topic: XML Spy 2013 not finding functions in namespace
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 9:15:47 AM
>as regards conformance and performance I strongly disagree with the statement "one of the best" :-)

I just realized that you are still using v2013 which is based on the old XSLT engine, where I can only agree. I was talking about the new RaptorXML, which became part of XMLSpy starting with v2014. And I have to reiterate - it is one of the best, in many cases it is actually THE best available on the market.

Vlad
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:48:18 PM
I'm not an expert, but MSXSL is a veeerrryy old engine. I'm not sure whether it has implemented system-property at all.

Of course, one can try to imagine all possible things which users might do wrong, and try to prevent them all, but there is some reasonable limit to all that. Given that XMLSpy comes with one of the best XSLT engines built-in and that users can only intentionally forgo using it, I think Altova did enough. And for those who got lost in XSLT tree there is a Support and this Forum, both helping you. These are just my 2 cents...

Vlad
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:50:25 AM
This would be a bug, but this message doesn't come from XMLSpy. Looks like you have configured MSXSL for XSLT transformations, which doesn't support XSLT2.0

Just switch back to XMLSpy built-in.

Vlad
Topic: Formatting: tabulation / indentation
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:31:26 AM
Very easy - just use a table with two columns. First for heading, second for content. You will only need to use XPath to split your content between heading part and content part.

Vlad

Use of the Altova User Forum(s) is governed by the Altova User Forums Terms of Service.

Please note that the Altova User Forum was launched so that our users have the possibility to interact and exchange their experiences regarding Altova's product line with one another. It must be pointed out that our support engineers and software engineers regularly post answers to questions in the user forum as an extra service, however this is not a replacement for the regular support mechanism and we cannot in anyway guarantee that a question will be answered or give a specific timeframe for an answer.The user forum was not intended to replace the online support form, but was implemented as an additional source of information after repeated requests for a user based forum in which users can help one another.