Altova User Forum

Important: this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here.
If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

extract images from xml Options · View
Milko
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:57:27 PM

good morning.
I'm sure others have posted this question, but I can not find the answer.

question: how can i extract images inside an xml file and generate a valid jpg (or other format) file ?

i start from a access db that contain attachment. i export db data in to xml format to paginate, but image file must be extracted from xml file before pagination.

tx and sorry for my english.

Milko.
island
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:59:17 PM

Hi,

your question is not clear:

1)how is the image stored / referenced in the xml file? i.e. is there simply a path to a file on your filesystem? or is the image stored as binary64 data? Please provide an example of the xml file that you are exporting from the database.

2)what do you mean by to xml format to "paginate"? What do you want to do with the xml data? do you want to transform it into another format i.e. pdf,html,rtf,word? if so, do you want the images to appear in the output document?

Please clarify
Milko
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:06:09 PM

hello island, thank you for reply.
here you can download my sample access DB with a sample xml exported:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1-Ja5ucP5R5NmE5MjNhMGEtMzFiYi00MjE5LThhN2MtMWY5NWQ5YmI4ZDVj&hl=en_US

the image is stored inside the <image> tag

was just a loudly consideration...
i use the xml file to paginate data but with a valid xml containing a href attribute i have no problem

as you can see in the xml file the image is incorporated inside the xml and i need to scorporate it.
really tx for your help.

Milko
vlad
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:45:52 AM

See my answer to the same question from you here

http://www.altova.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=672