Altova User Forum

Important: this is not a Support Forum! Experienced users might answer from time to time questions posted here.
If you need a professional and reliable answer, or if you want to report a bug, please contact Altova Support instead.

Exporting from 2004 rev3 to Access 2003 Options · View
ntm1275
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:01:40 AM

When I export from XMLSpy 2004 rev 3 to Access 2003, it creates all the tables with Primary and Foreign Keys, but the Keys are out of synch on two tables
e.g

It only does this with 2 tables, but the corresponding key 5 in table one and key 5 in table two do not match the information from the XML file
e.g
Primary Key 5 is for a person called Tom Jones in table one, but Primary Key 5 is for a person called Betty Smith in table 2
The structure of the XML file is in the picture below - the offending sections are NAWPupilIdentifiers and NAWPupilStatus, the other 2 export OK

http://ntm1275.f2s.com/pictures/xmlpicture.jpg

If I ask it to export to a Text File, it works fine

Is this a bug in the version I'm using or am I doing something wrong
I have tried the 2008 evaluation version and it works perfectly in that

Any help would be appreciated
paul
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 8:11:29 AM

Hello,

From your description it sounds as if this may have been a bug in that version of the software, now fixed. However, if you contact us with your files via the Support Center, we will be happy to verify things.